Header

Image Map

Wednesday, November 14, 2012

November Gratitude: Community and Sisterhood




This November, I'm grateful for so many things.

One of them is community. The graduates of my small women's college have recently united to express discontent in a new, regressive image being projected by the school.

I was already a proponent of single gender education, but the graceful, intelligent way my fellow alumnae have expressed their concern this week has been nothing short of inspiring. I'm grateful for the opportunity to have meaningful dialogue about the importance of avoiding gender stereotype and repression in a place that was built with the intention of empowering women. Stating that as your mission, friends, comes with responsibility.

Sometimes, community surrounds you when you least expect it. I felt the warmth of my Converse sisters at our wedding, when they showed up from all over the country to stand in a circle around me. What a nice reminder, in busy November, that it's always there. It's ready to stand together when it counts.

I wish community and sisterhood for you all.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover