Header

Image Map

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Our Wedding {Ceremony I}

Hi friends,

Hooray, we have our wedding photos! Once Like a Spark did a beautiful job of capturing the day, and I'm so excited to share it with you!



Our ceremony was very special to us. John kept saying sweetly during planning that he didn't care too much about anything regarding the wedding, other than our vows.




The last hour before the start of the ceremony was agonizing. I was ready to see John after being apart all day, and I was so excited I could hardly stand it! Luckily, I wasn't nervous - instead, I felt serene and joyful. 







Even though I was ready for the wedding to begin, it was really special to have time alone with my Mom and best friends before the ceremony. 







Finally, I went downstairs and Dad was ready to go, looking as sweet as ever. His excitement mirrored mine. I was surprised I didn't lose it as soon as I saw him, but he was beaming, and I was beaming, and we both knew how happy we were to have John in our lives. I walked down the aisle to the song "Today" by John Denver, which Dad sung me to sleep with during childhood.











I wondered if it would be strange to walk out and have everyone looking at me - if I would feel compelled to say hello to friends and family I hadn't seen in a while. In the moment, though, I couldn't look away from John. His eyes were like magnets.


I felt like I was floating on air and saw so much love radiating from John's face that I thought I could burst. His eyes were full of tears, and it was all I could do when I got close not to hug and kiss him.



When I got to the front, I felt so excited for our marriage, our day, and our life to begin. It was hard not to talk to him, though, after being apart all day. I wanted to offer him my tissue, get the gnat out of his eye during the homily, and say thank you for the sweet gift he'd sent to me that morning. :)





The ceremony seemed very short. It went by in a flash, yet I felt suspended in time. It was obvious that this was a huge moment - something very important - the best thing I'd ever done.

Thanks for letting me share our love story with you. More to come - xo!



P.S. Here's more about our ceremony, two posts about our reception, our wedding party, a final farewell, decor, and a 6 month update.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover