Header

Image Map

Friday, June 29, 2012

Our Wedding {Decor}




I had a really good time planning and designing our wedding. My family thought I was a little crazy when I insisted that we stick to a certain (early) timeline, but I'm really glad I followed it; it made the weeks around the wedding pretty stress free! I was busy beforehand, but it never became unmanageable. 

I love pretty paper, and I was pumped about invitation design from the beginning. First, I had a silhouette stamp made on Etsy and designed Save the Dates to be printed on wooden postcards. When it was time for invitations, I used the wonderful Buzzy Craftery. Ashley was nice enough to let me give a million suggestions and consider all of them! We loved what she designed; she even drew trees for the inside of the invitation inspired by my favorite street in Aiken.

Ashley incorporated lots of things I loved - handwritten text, personal touches, a Wuthering Heights quote, and our silhouette. She also overnighted extra invites to me when our list went over the original number! Laid back, sweet, and fun, she was also willing to be super creative while accommodating my budget - thanks again, Ashley!



Shopping for a bridal gown only took me about a day and a half. Even though Mom and I have different tastes when it comes to fashion, we both agreed immediately that it was, yes, "the one." The exposed boning and sheer corset on the dress was my favorite part.




"Something old" - vintage purse from my aunt. 


We had skinny ties in yellow seersucker and gingham made for all of our groomsmen by Amy at The Belle and The Beau, who did a great job.



As soon as I saw Ready Go Paper Studio's little custom cake doggies, I knew I had to have them. Herbie and Lucy would be with us after all!




Green Boundary Club provided a professional instructor when I told them I wanted croquette on the lawn. :)



The artichokes were another vision I had that Sue made possible. Special thanks to her for all the hard work!



The pencils were one of my favorite things - also made by Ashley at Buzzy Craftery. And finally, huge thanks to Megan who came down to help with day-of decoration and put this cool article in the Baltimore Sun.

xo

See photos of our ceremony here and here, and of our wedding party here. Thanks for looking!

All images by Graham Marley of (oncelikeaspark).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover