Header

Image Map

Friday, September 9, 2011

Change is so good.

via Black Olive Photographic
It's funny how blog posts reflect life. Currently, mine are scattered and unsettled, with no regularity whatsoever.

John and I have continued our tour of the Southeast, along with the good time. We couldn't be happier. Great things are happening.

1. I am so pleased to say that I will be joining the Outreach and Enrollment Team at the South Carolina Governor's School for the Arts and Humanities as Program Coordinator, beginning later this month. My last job was a learning experience, and as one would hope, it paved the way to a much better position. This kind of progress doesn't often happen in just four months, so I feel very lucky.

2. John and I have decided to BUY a condo in Greenville, and we are thrilled. These grown up things are so fun. And because we never even had time to unpack in Vermont, the thought of settling into a place of our very own makes us giddy.

3. Getting back to the Upstate has let me revive contact with some fantastic people. I've been talking to Converse ladies about networking and community advice in the area. I can't tell you how refreshing it is to be in contact with my (both pink and red) sisters.

4. Friends! I've already seen my ex-professors turned very close friends, and this weekend I'm going to paint the town red, quite literally, with my college best friends: Mary Carolyn and Grace. I still haven't gotten to coordinate with my childhood friends Brittaney and Tara, but it will happen soon!

5. Family. Both of our families have been so wonderful, and it's so nice that us moving closer to them makes them so excited. We've been overwhelmed by the support and love from the Maxwells and the Concklins! Whether it's watching Herbie while I house hunt or taking us out on the town in Charleston, it's been just lovely.

6. John loves the charm of the South, along with its warmth (not the weather - but there's that, too). He's such a gentleman. It's adorable.

I hope all is well in your lives, too, and have a relaxing weekend.

xo,

Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover