Header

Image Map

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Pan What?

People have been talking about Pan Am with dubious anticipation: can it even touch the prowess of its obvious predecessor, Mad Men?

I don't even care to find out. No thank you. As a Mad Men latecomer, I'm knee-deep in Season 4, dreading the day when I, too, have to wait for March 2012. My love for Mad Men keeps me from yoga and sleep, and it's worth it. It's every bit as good as the amber-colored liquor and tight pencil skirts that it so glorifies. As far as I'm concerned, there's only room for one '60s Era Masterpiece in this town.

I'm busy with a new city, new job, and even planning a wedding, but the things that plague my mind are 1) WILL Peggy's blossoming feminism get her fired? 2) Will Joanie ever leave that skin-sewing jerk for Roger? 2) Can Don and Betty please be dysfunctional together forever?  3) Will Sally Draper lose her mind? And is Betty Draper going to MURDER someone?!

The rest of you might have been asking these questions a year ago...but not me. I waited, which wasn't such a bad idea -- because now the best part of my day is seasons 1-4, in marathon gratification. Thank you very much, Netflix.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover