Header

Image Map

Monday, March 28, 2011

Weekend in Review

This weekend was great.

John and I celebrated being engaged for one whole week. Although I had to work Saturday, we had plenty of fun on Friday (yoga and dancing) and Saturday (Turkish food) nights and of course our favorite day, Sunday.


This is exciting: I made my first wedding purchase yesterday! I recently found a fantastic vintage store in Chagrin Falls, where I bought a gorgeous white silk wrap dress from the 40's. I went back today with John for a few little wedding must-haves that I wanted to pick up before someone else did. I would love to post pictures of them here, but I think that would ruin the surprise, no? 

As if that didn't excite me enough, there was a light pink lace gown at this shop that I tried on for fun. Somehow it fit perfectly, length and all. It's from the late 20's or early 30's (pre-zippers!!!) --- with a lot of delicate handwork. So pretty. I told the owner that I was going to have to wait on the dress, and she just gave it to me! She said that it fit me, I appreciated it, would actually wear it, and that was good enough for her. How sweet! It's in amazing condition. Hopefully eventually I will picture it here.

This shop I keep mentioning is well worth visiting, and I'm going to miss it if I leave Cleveland. (More news to come!) The vintage clothing collection is beautiful. Usually I have to sort through a bunch of uglies and just look to enjoy the old styles, but these are so carefully selected...I had an armload of things to try on that were actually wearable.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover