Header

Image Map

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Steamed artichokes from my boyfriend.

Hi friends! 

I'm a very lucky girl. John's steamed artichokes are a recipe passed down from his mom, and with her permission, I might even share it with you sometime. It was as good as it looks, and with a little dish of delicate buttery dipping sauce, we peel the flower layer by layer until we get to the always-celebrated (and worth the wait) heart.

We are getting ready for Thanksgiving, which is going to be Jewish for us this year; we're celebrating with an Orthodox family that belongs to a lovely friend of mine here in Cleveland. It's our first Thanksgiving together, and although I wish I could make the trip to see my family, we are going to make the most of being together in our new city and starting the holiday season off with cheer. 

A few surprises up my sleeve...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover