Header

Image Map

Monday, December 24, 2012

Maxwell-Concklin Christmas III


I feel so lucky to say that this is my third Christmas with John. In a way, it's our fourth together, because he was the first person I heard from, via text message, on Christmas morning 2009. That was before our first date, and I remember being really excited it. :) 

I've told you about our tradition of having a private celebration before we leave town to be with family, which is one of the best ideas we've ever had. The photo above is a card John gave me, which was perfect. I was in tears before the first gift was opened. He's also gotten especially good at making our favorite drink, pictured below. 

We had said cocktails, let Herbie annihilate his stocking, and baked a wheel of Camembert with sun-dried tomatoes. We exchanged gifts before cooking Halibut in a Shallot Caper Vinaigrette and opening the wine. It was romantic and wonderful, and I already can't wait until next year. 

I'll be taking a few days off this week to be with family and friends, but meanwhile, we wish you a beautiful, cozy Christmas with the people you love most!

xo,
Lauren








1 comment:

  1. looks like you had a great time! hope you have a nice remaining holiday with family and friends :D

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover