Header

Image Map

Sunday, February 27, 2011

Chocolate Sea Salt

Photo Courtesy of The Spice & Tea Exchange
Recently, I've been waiting for inspiration to use a set of Gourmet Salts given to me from The Spice and Tea Exchange of Asheville, NC, oneofmyveryfavoritecities. Tonight was the night. With limited ingredients in the kitchen, Chocolate Sea Salt was just what the doctor ordered to save my impromptu vegetarian dinner.  

After throwing together a Water, Chicken Broth, Tomato Paste, Cumin, Smoked Paprika, Cayenne Pepper, Black Pepper, and Oregano sauce, I added and sautéed Onion, Celery, Orange Pepper, and fresh Garlic. It was at precisely this moment that I realized that my Cumin needed Dark Chocolate; my Cayenne Pepper needed Dark Chocolate! After adding the salt and letting the sauce simmer while my rice cooked, I added Chickpeas and eventually let some fresh Spinach wilt over the top. The result was a Vegetarian Stew of sorts - yum.

But Chocolate Salt...you have to try it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover