Header

Image Map

Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Living with plants: Succulents

Although John and I still have a lot of work to do on our house before it's complete, I was so excited to finally add some plants this weekend. There have been lots of interesting studies about the benefits of living with plants, and eventually I want to have a home full of them. I started small with a little collection of succulents. They're so petite, green, and architecturally appealing. 



Although succulents need drainage, I'm trying indoor terrariums with horticultural charcoal beneath the soil to create space to drain. Fingers crossed.


Here's the finished product.

And apparently the moss I added on the surface is edible - Herbie tested it for us.






Here's to adding extra life, wherever we can. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover